Privacy Statement: October 1, 2018
“myBooklet BC” is a project of the Family Support Institute of British Columbia to provide you with the online tools and tips to set up an account and create a booklet for you or your family.
Before you set up an account and create a booklet, we need you to read this statement and consider our privacy practices:
- The Family Support Institute will not have access to or collect any personal information you provide when you create a booklet.
- The Family Support Institute will collect and use the personal information you provide when you set up an account so that we can respond to questions or comments you might have about your account or the activities of the Family Support Institute, including mybookletBC.com.
- To set up an account, you must choose a user ID and password. We will not have access to your password. It is your responsibility to keep your user ID and password confidential to help protect your personal information from unauthorized users.
- The type and amount of personal information you submit to mybookletBC.com to create your booklet is entirely up to you.
- If you are creating a booklet for someone else, you are responsible for obtaining their consent, where necessary, to use and disclose their personal information.
- How you use your booklet, or choose to share it with others, is not tracked or monitored by the Family Support Institute. We may collect non-identifiable information about users of the mybookletBC.com to be analyzed by our service providers so that we can improve mybookletBC.com. We may also use “cookies” to track how and when you use mybookletBC.com. For more information about our use of these features, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This website and the online tools available here are operated by our service providers that maintain the technology (hardware and software) that makes it possible for you to set up an account and create a booklet.
- The data (including your personal information) required to set up your account, create and save a booklet is stored on servers in Canada. Any booklets you create and save will be stored as long as your account is active, or until you are notified in advance by the Family Support Institute, or mybookletBC.com, that your booklet can no longer be stored. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so.
- Despite all of the security measures taken to protect your personal information, there is always a risk that your personal information could be lost, stolen, or compromised when it is submitted online. If it is required by law or court order, your personal information could be made accessible to legal authorities.
- If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, you should immediately stop using mybookletBC.com. Once you create an account, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information as set out above, until you close your account, or withdraw your consent by contacting our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.